Brainsre compiles below the weekly news highlights.
Industrial/Logistics – Garland Group opens fourth logistics centre in Gaia
- The Garland Group is opening a new logistics center in Gaia, Portugal, adding to its existing four centers in the municipality. The new center will have a total area of 10,500 square meters.
- This marks the third logistics center opened by Garland Logistics in Gaia within a year. The company already operates six centers in the North, two in the Center, and two in the South of the country.
- The expansion of the Garland Group’s logistics network highlights its continued growth and commitment to serving the region’s logistical needs.
- LeapAssets unveiled the first phase of the urban redevelopment project called Portela da Villa in Torres Vedras, Portugal. The initial offering consists of sixteen apartments with two and three bedrooms.
- The complete development of Portela da Villa will require a phased investment of over 200 million euros. Various partnership models will be used for investment and promotion purposes.
- The introduction of these apartments showcases the progress of the project and highlights the significant financial commitment involved in the overall redevelopment of Portela da Villa.
- The Lisbon City Council has reached an agreement with the Institute of Housing and Urban Rehabilitation (IHRU) for a total investment of 322 million euros in public housing.
- Approximately 100 million euros will be allocated to the rehabilitation of municipal housing.
- The remaining 222 million euros will be invested in housing between 2027 and 2028, supporting ongoing efforts to improve housing conditions and availability in the city.
- The Grande Buganvilia hotel group, currently owned by Flitptrel Portugal and part of Davidson Kempner’s activities in Portugal, has been sold to Capital Elements, a company within the Arrow Group.
- This transaction involves the sale of the first asset that DK Partners acquired from the banks that owned ECS funds.
- The sale represents a change in ownership for the hotel group, with Capital Elements taking over from Flitptrel Portugal under the ownership of Davidson Kempner.
Residential – Vilamoura World presents two new developments
- Vilamoura World introduces its recent real estate projects, Natura Village and The Nine.
- The second project, The Nine, is located in a well-established area of Vilamoura, near the clubhouse of the Victoria golf course.
- Both projects offer attractive options for individuals seeking a lifestyle connected to nature and convenient access to amenities and recreational activities in Vilamoura.
- The Spanish group has acquired the building at José Malhoa 13, investing 20 million euros for its purchase and renovation.
- The 4,700 square meter, nine-story building will undergo remodeling to align with the latest architectural and interior design trends, emphasizing collaborative spaces and catering to the needs of hybrid work models.
- The ground floor will feature a flagship store for Mapfre in Portugal, while the overall project aims to create a modern and functional space that meets contemporary demands.