Thursday, March 4, 2021
Home Companies Blackstone Co...

Blackstone Considers Recognising Provisions Worth Millions of Euros Due to its Significant Exposure in Spain

Banco Santander and Blackstone share concerns about Qasar, the company they created off the back of Banco Popular's €30 billion in toxic assets.

Proyecto Quasar Investments, the holding company that initially grouped together Banco Popular’s real estate portfolio and the sales platform Aliseda, was created in 2019 by Blackstone and Santander. Now, it has been revealed that Diego San José, General Director of the Real Estate Business for the fund Blacsktone in Spain, is leaving the firm.

Blackstone owns 51% of the share capital of Qasar and is also managing the entity. Santander owns the remaining 49% of the shares; essentially, it undertook the operation in 2019 to allow it to remove Popular’s damaged assets from its balance sheet.

Read the full article in Spanish.

B-Exclusives

New Build Home Prices in Madrid Grew by 11% in 2020

The average ticket for new build homes continues to exceed and stand out compared to that for second-hand homes, something that has not happened since Q319, according to data from the Brains Re platform.

Who Are the Construction Kings in the Balearic Islands?

Ten of the major real estate companies, including Taylor Wimpey, Metrovacesa, Aedas and Vía Célere, are going to deliver nearly half of the almost 2,500 homes that are scheduled for completion on the islands this year, according to Brainsre.

The Lowdown on the Decrease in Rental Prices in Madrid Post-Covid

The price of rental homes in Madrid has decreased for the third consecutive quarter, although the average asking price still exceeds 1,200 euros per month, according to Brainsre.

Ranking of Property Developers in Barcelona By Number of New Homes They Plan to Complete

Five property developers lead the new-build residential market in Barcelona and neighbouring towns, according to the big data platform Brainsre.

Latest news

Álvaro González (Madrid City Council): “We Will Create 3,800 Rental Homes During This Legislature”

Madrid City Council is planning to invest 195 million euros in housing during 2021, as revealed by the Housing Manager in an interview on brainsre.podcast.

New Build Home Prices in Madrid Grew by 11% in 2020

The average ticket for new build homes continues to exceed and stand out compared to that for second-hand homes, something that has not happened since Q319, according to data from the Brains Re platform.

Oca Hotels Sells Two Hotels in Spain to Focus on its Expansion in Brazil and Portugal

The hotel group has sold one hotel located in Rocallaura (Lleida) and another in Pantón (Lugo) in order to expand in Portugal and Brazil, where it plans to open five new establishments.